Bonnie's Training on Setting Up Her Virtual Office

Hi Lawyers!

On Monday, @Alexis Katz and I discussed at a high level how to setup your virtual office plus how I personally did it to serve my clients beyond Denver, Colorado (check your email for the recording + Quick Action Guide To Going Virtual). And you may recall that one of the bonuses for all new NLBM members + all existing NLBM members is access to my training video where I walk through onscreen exactly how I setup my software to support my virtual office.  It's a bit more of a deep dive into the tech programs itself, to complement what we taught you at a higher level on Monday.

Here's access to these resources:

Check these out, and hit reply to this post with any questions at all!

To your success,

Bonnie

• Like 1

I appreciate these materials so much. I could not figure out how people were using remote notarization/e-signatures to execute estate planning documents in Texas when the law specifically indicates e signatures are not acceptable for these documents despite the state having virtual notaries and we have the "in person witness" rules. A spent a lot of time researching this. Many just kept telling me to do it and be creative. Short answer is send the documents to them and they have to take care of it.

Your training gives a clear path to getting started virtually. Thank you!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently moved to  New Jersey (where I am not currently licensed) from New York and I am trying to set up my virtual law practice.  However, I read that in New York you need to have a physical presence in the state in order to practice law.  I am currently licensed in New York, Florida and D.C. and want to work virtually to serve my clients in New York and Florida from my home in New Jersey.  Is there any way I can do that without setting up an office in New York (I would also like to avoid paying the new york taxes).  

Hi @Nara Callanan so nice to meet you!.  We just moved to Fort Lee from Manhattan just before we went into lockdown!  Now that I am enjoying my virtual practice I don't think I want to go back and forth to the city if I don't have to.  I am planning to open up my own firm now and wanted to know if I can avoid having a mailing address in New York (to avoid the 9% tax imposed on s-corps in NYC) but wasn't sure if I can totally avoid having an address in NY with the current law in place.  Did you have to register your business in NY as well?  I would love to chat more about how you manage your virtual practice.  Can we meet for a virtual coffee over zoom perhaps?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nara Callanan Great question.  I never did, but I know there is virtual meeting software out there for attorneys specifically that do record meetings.  However, I wouldn't normally record an in-person FWPS so I personally didn't record a virtual FWPS.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...